What you will learn:
- Setting up the machine and tools needed
- How to cast on and off
- Yarns needed and tension advice
- Colour combination ideas and choosing colour palettes for projects
- Changing colours and stripe formations
- Steaming and using hand sewing techniques to finish off your end product
- Instructions and notes on the techniques learnt during the day as well as a list of suppliers for future projects and top tips when buying your own domestic knitting machine will be provided
With the skills learnt you will design and make one or more small knitted items including a lavender bag filled with Somerset lavender, a coin purse with button fasten and a sunglasses case. You will also have a small selection of samples to take home for inspiration for your next project. You will be shown how to create these products and all the processes needed so you will go home with a lovely product for yourself or as a gift for someone special.
At the end of the workshop you will be confident in using a domestic knit machine and be able to continue completing mini projects at home on your own machine.
The cost includes materials for the workshop. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided throughout the day. Please bring your lunch as there are no shops nearby.
All tools and use of a knitting machine will be provided for the workshop
There are no reviews yet.