All participants will need to bring one Drop In Seat to upholster (please see images of the Drop In Seat Chairs and contact Thea at email@example.com with any questions)
What you will learn:
- How to get started with traditional upholstery
- The process of upholstery along with the materials and tools needed for upholstery and where to source them from
- How to prepare the chair for upholstery: stripping off the old fabric and cleaning the chair frame
- How to use a webbing stretcher, tacks, stuffing and creating tension in the calico and top fabric for a high quality finish
- Different fabrics suitable for upholstery and how to calculate the amount of fabric needed for a project
- How to upholster One Drop In Seat Chair eg. a dining chair, to be completed by the end of the 5 week workshop
- Confidence to complete similar projects at home after the workshop
There are places for 4 people on the workshop. The small group size is perfect for total beginners as there is opportunity for lots of questions and demonstrations with 1 to 1 support.
The cost includes all materials to complete one Drop in Seat Chair which you will need to bring along to the first session. The top fabric (final fabric) will need to be provided by yourself. Help and advice on a suitable fabric for the chair and where to buy this from will be discussed in the first lesson. Also refreshments of Tea, Coffee and Biscuits will be available at each session.
All tools needed will be provided for the workshops.